Understanding the Different Types of Garage Doors: Pros and Cons with Professional Garage Door Services Inc
At Professional Garage Door Services Inc, we believe that knowledge is power, especially when it comes to making informed decisions about your home. As Chicago’s top-rated garage door repair company, we’re committed to helping you understand your options so you can choose the right garage door for your home. In this blog post, we’ll explore the different types of garage doors and their respective pros and cons.
Traditional Sectional Garage Doors
Sectional garage doors are the most common type of garage doors in the United States. They are composed of several horizontal panels hinged together and equipped with rollers. Here are some pros and cons:
- Highly customizable in design and color, fitting well with most architectural styles.
- Provides excellent weather sealing due to their construction and installation process.
- Operates smoothly and quietly with the right maintenance.
- Requires enough overhead space for the door to retract.
- Regular maintenance is required to ensure smooth operation.
Roll-Up Garage Doors
Roll-up garage doors are made with 2″-3″ steel slat sections that roll around a drum above the door opening. They are commonly used for commercial purposes, but can also be suitable for residential homes with limited space.
- Offers superior durability and security, making it an excellent choice for areas with extreme weather conditions.
- Saves space as they don’t require overhead or side room to operate.
- Typically more expensive due to their sturdy construction.
- Limited customization options compared to sectional doors.
Carriage Style Garage Doors
Carriage-style garage doors resemble the old carriage houses, bringing a rustic, charming appeal. They can swing out or slide, or even function like a traditional sectional garage door while maintaining the classic design.
- Offers a distinctive, vintage look that can boost curb appeal.
- Provides the charm of swing-out doors with the convenience of modern upward operation when designed like sectional doors.
- Swing-out designs can require more space and can be more expensive than standard sectional garage doors.
- Can require more maintenance, especially if made from real wood.
Choosing the right garage door for your home depends on various factors, including your home’s architectural style, your budget, and your personal preference. At Professional Garage Door Services Inc, we’re here to guide you through the process, providing expert advice and top-notch installation services. With a 5-star rating, full insurance, and over a decade of experience, we’re proud to be Chicago’s #1 garage door repair company. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you select and install the perfect garage door for your home.